Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mid February update

Time for an update for the last 2 weeks. It has been a good couple of weeks. I have been able to run every day that I have had scheduled and have been able to put in the mileage I wanted overall. I put in 40 miles last week which is more weekly mileage than I have ran in many, many years. My weight dipped under 200 pounds this week for the first time in 16 years. I came in at 199.6. I reviewed some of my old records and I believe this is the first time I have been under 200 pounds since 1995. I am optimistic that I will continue to drop about 2 pounds a week until I get closer to my ideal weight goal. I am sure that the closer I get to that goal the slower the weight will come off.

Yesterday I needed to run 21 miles in order to get to my 40 mile goal for the week. My schedule was for 20 miles, however I ran short a mile on Thursday due to having an appointment I needed to be at and just ran out of time. It definitely felt good psychologically to put in that much mileage in a single run, but today I am very sore. I'm sure this will pass very quickly and I will be back at it tomorrow morning.

I am still very slow but am getting a little faster as I drop more weight. I feel that I should be able to start doing some speed work in a month or so to help get my time down. Right now building mileage is the most important element of my training. Once my mileage is to where I need it to be I will start doing some speed work. My work situation is still out of control. I hope it settles down very soon, right now it occupies my thoughts 24/7. During yesterdays long run all I did was think about work the entire time. I do believe that if I can get my work situation under control it will definitely help me with my training and my ability to hit my running goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment