Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mid March Update

The first half of March has been very challenging. The first week of March my wife and I were in the Bahamas for a work meeting / event. It was great to be in the warmth but the full day of travel to and from, along with the activities we needed to attend, coupled with nothing but concrete to run on, plus a lot of really good food, bottom line I didn't get the mileage in I should have and ate way too much food and gained some weight.

The second week went much better. I was able to get back into my routine and put in the mileage. I was able to go run Saturday with my son Josh. We went out to Antelope Island and ran the first 19 miles of the 50 Mile race that Josh is in there on March 26th. He is so much faster than I am that he has to drag me along the entire route. It really makes me press my time but I know it forces him to really slow down from what he is accustomed to. It was great to spend the time with him and the time went by much faster by having a running partner. I am very excited to see how he does in his race on the 26th, I think he will do extremely well.

Summary for the first half of March. Still a lot of work related stress, it is simmering down but is still huge. I ate better the second week than the first. I put in 50 miles the second week, my first 50 mile week ever. I am hammered physically due to the time change and not enough sleep for the mileage I have put in. All that being said the mileage is good and my weight is right where it was 2 weeks ago due to the weight gain from the week in the Bahamas and then a good week after getting home. This current week I should have another 50 mile week and hopefully can get down to about 195 pounds by the end of this week. I am optimistic that the work stress will continue to ease up, that should help me as well. Unfortunately my Dad's health is not good, I am hopeful that his health stabilizes and I don't worry quite so much about he and my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment