Monday, March 12, 2012

2 weeks until the Buffalo Run 50 Mile Race

With less than 2 weeks until the Antelope Island Buffalo Run 50 Mile race I thought I needed to post an update. My training mileage and consistency has been good. I have averaged 40+ miles weekly over the last few weeks. I have had a few minor set backs but am very happy with my training and preparation overall. I am having some pain in my heel but it subsides when I start to run, probably an inflamed tendon. My weight is no where near where I would like it to be, but let's face it, I love food! Until I get my eating habits more in line with where they should be my weight will be a challenge. Overall I continue to eat better but my sweet tooth constantly causes my problems.

As far as the race goes, if the weather is decent I think I will finish between 10 and 12 hours. To narrow the window I believe I will finish at right around 10 hours and 45 minutes. Time will tell if I am even close at estimating my time at a race that is this long. If we have bad weather that will add to the time.

Not much left to do between now and then but a few short mountain runs and tapering down for the big day. Brenda and Josh will be my support crew. Josh has run this race twice before. Brenda and I have supported Josh in both of these races. So my crew will be top notch and very familiar with this race. If I mess up it will all be on me as I won't be able to blame my support crew for anything that will go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. You've put in the time so you're going to do well. I'm excited to see things from a crew's perspective too. I'll be available to pace from the Ranch too if you need a kick in the pants nearing the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think a kick in the pants will do it. I will probably need you to tie a rope around my waist and drag me from the ranch to the finish!

    ReplyDelete